70% signal. 2 inch gap

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz MacBook Aluminum/ 16GB IPod Touch :D
I have a Macbook aluminum and I get 70% signal max when my Macbook is seriously sitting right next to the router. And yet my wireless disconnects and reconnects constantly? When I am in my room I get only about 30-40%. I get disconnected from Adium and cant load web pages. Does any one have any clue how to fix this?

Things I have done:
-Changed my channel multiple times. (according to Air Radar there are channels 1 6 and 10 in use on other networks. Am running channel 3 at the moment.)
-Had comcast replace my router
-Had a comcast tech guy come out and some how change something on my network. (didn't help)
-check my cordless phone, its a 5.8ghz model.
-Scream and throw things (haha jk :D)

But seriously any help would be appreciated!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As a test, take your MacBook someplace that offers free wireless. Starbucks, a public library, etc. Check the signal strength. Or, if you know someone with a wireless network, take your MacBook there and check out the signal strength. If the same problem occurs, make an appointment with Apple to take the machine on in and have them look at it.

Regards.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz MacBook Aluminum/ 16GB IPod Touch :D
Its only a week old. Do you think there is something wrong with it?

Reaction score
is it your wireless router or your modem? if its your modem, i have time warner cable and have a similar problem, (ie internet cutting out and not great signal) and it turns out it is actually a problem with the cold weather causing problems in the cable lines outside.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.