• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Missing Members

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I guess this could and possibly should go in the Site Support section, but I've been concerned for a while about M-F members who've 'gone missing'. Perhaps it's their choice to do so, which I must respect, but in light of their frequent contributions until fairly recently, I wonder if they're okay.

Two member names in particular come to mind right now, so I ask "Where are you skaheadpunk and xj6jaguar?" Anybody got any idea? I know xj6 was on his way north in the US, he should be there by now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It is the holiday season, so a lot of people are going to be doing things other than spending time on M-F. I know that I wasn't on M-F for several days while my family was here, I'm sure the "missing members" are in a similar situation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
Yeah, I too have noticed some old standby's disappearing. Here's hoping they return soon!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)
Thank goodness for those of us who don't have lives, and have nothing to do but be on this forum!;D I've noticed that too, recently.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
I would suspect it has to do with the holidays. Give them another couple weeks and I think they'll be back.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i miss RIDE.

:(

i am really happy that bobtomay came back though.

OP
hughvane
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Thanks people, I mean those who've mentioned 'personal issues' (for want of a better description) publicly on this forum, and who've then disappeared off the radar for weeks. Sure, it's holidays, especially down here in the Sthn Hemi. I wouldn't want those 'missing' people, whose friends perhaps exist significantly on this and other forums, to think they're forgotten, or that we don't give a toss. We do, this is a community.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
doesn't skapunkhead have a new alias? i won't say so that a google search won't reveal it?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Since Xj6Jaguar moved up with his mom, he might not have any internet as yet. He did check in once from the road I guess at a hotel and had car trouble. That is the last he posted. I am sure he will be back when he gets settled in up at his moms place.

OP
hughvane
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
doesn't skapunkhead have a new alias? i won't say so that a google search won't reveal it?

It appears that skaheadpunk is no longer with us :'( [Google will tell you the details should you choose to search her alias name]. As I said in a previous post, there was mention of personal issues and difficulties. I'm 99% sure none of us realised just how serious they were. This is a sad time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
R.I.P Em. I was gonna post about Jag..... but after finding out about her passing on google it seems inappropriate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Wait, what happened?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Thanks people, I mean those who've mentioned 'personal issues' (for want of a better description) publicly on this forum, and who've then disappeared off the radar for weeks. Sure, it's holidays, especially down here in the Sthn Hemi. I wouldn't want those 'missing' people, whose friends perhaps exist significantly on this and other forums, to think they're forgotten, or that we don't give a toss. We do, this is a community.
I'm 100% certain I didn't. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
What you'll find is that members will come and go depending on life priorities, family/friend commitments, and sometimes the novelty of owning a Mac just wears off (gasp!) so they drift away. Some will let us know, some won't. Some will return, otherws won't.

I've always been in awe of how much of a personal community is fostered here at Mac-Forums. For many, the bonds created here almost become like a second family. It's sad when some leave and it's joyous when they return. Sometimes we fight, sometimes we laugh and in the end, it's all healthy.

skaheadpunk's situation is unique and tragic. She was a valuable member, a strong part of our community and I know that the thoughts and prayers of everyone here are with her family.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i'm glad this was reopened - good move schweb.

and great sentiment.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
i'm glad this was reopened - good move schweb.

and great sentiment.

You're right. Closing it was a knee jerk reaction on my part, and for that I apologize.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
better safe than sorry. they can always be reopened.

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
yea, I completely understood yesterday. To say it's a tragic situation is an understatement.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
Wow...I just don't even know what to say to the news.

I'm seriously in shock about this. Like, I didn't expect...

Wow.

;_;

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.