Able to take my Mac to a place to have an expert install Windows?

Reaction score
So I bought a brand new Mac computer last month, and have planned to install Windows XP SP2 on it, I got the Windows CD, brand new retail version. And I attempted on my own to install it on my Mac, I followed all the directions and everything, but there is a problem...

After I install Windows, and when the Mac automatically restarts, the computer turns on to a white screen first, then turns black and I get a 'disc error please press any key to continue' message. I press any key, but nothing happens... I hold down the Option button... nothing happens, my only option is to force shutdown =( which I hate doing...

Now I have no idea what happened, I have read some threads on these forums and it seems there are not many straight helpful answers. So....

Is it possible for me to take my Mac and the Windows CD to an Apple store and have them install it for me? Or where else would I be able to bring it that I can trust fully?

Reaction score
Had the same issue with my iMac.

The solution is to not keep the formatted partition that Boot Camp made, instead, re-format it from the windows CD.

That should do the trick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.