new monitor and wacom advice? ;-)

Reaction score
i need to buy a new monitor and a wacom clone for running off my 17" laptop.

please could i have some advice- i cant afford to buy mac ones, but want the best i can get for illustration use.

the monitor will need to be a good colour match, 20'' plus, and about £100-£150.
the tablet will be a4 or larger, and must be really good- i can do about £200-300. not sure if i can get actaul wacom or have to settle for a cheaper tablet for that price.
i have no idea of which tablet to get- how do i choose?
does all the necessary stuff- software etc? -come with tablets?

following the nightmare ive had with my cancom 'reconditioned' laptop (screen dead in 4 months) i will NOT be buying second hand!
cheers! ;-)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I don't think there are any monitors that come out of the box that are spot on color accurate. Even if there were they would cost at least 2 grand plus. You have to do this yourself using software or by other means.

As for the tablet you probably can afford a real Wacom tablet. The Intuos3 9X12" is close to your price range.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
As for Wacom tablets, you can get plenty on ebay, and they are usually much cheaper than new

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.