System Preferences does not open from the apple drop down box

Reaction score
Problems after downloading (MAC OSX 10.5.6) update

I have just downloaded (MAC OSX 10.5.6) update. Before downloading the update I could click on System Preferences in the Apple drop down box and the window would open. Now it does not. The only way I can open any of the items in System Preferences is to open the View drop down box, highlight one of the items such as Accounts and then click Show All Preferences. Is anyone else having similar problems? Does anyone have an answer for why this is happening?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Why not go to Applications and drag the System Preferences icon to the dock which establishes an alias there and use directly from there? As a suggestion try Repair Permissions to get the Apple Menu Item working.

OP
J
Reaction score
Why not go to Applications and drag the System Preferences icon to the dock which establishes an alias there and use directly from there? As a suggestion try Repair Permissions to get the Apple Menu Item working.
Thanks for the response. I am new to MAC. I didn't even notice that System Preferences was on the Dock. Opens fine from there and now it also opens from the Apple drop down box also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
No problems jim just pleased to help. Keep coming back to MacForums mate.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.