Is anyone going to upgrade to a new pb?

M

menace3054

i have the 2nd most recent 12" pb, with 1.33ghz g4. I was anxiously awaiting the new pbs hoping that they would be significantly better... i knew there woudnt be a g5, but atleast a little bit faster g4. im disapointed., well i guess not since now im content with my older pb. for a processor increase of only ~170 mhz, a 8 instead of 4x superdrive, and that motion thing make it not worth it to me. Atleast they lowered the price so more people can afford it.

is there anyone who is actually going to upgrade to this one? Im just guna wait however long until the g5 comes out

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I will be upgrading since I have a 500Mhz Ti PowerBook. I am just not sure when I will upgrade.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
menace3054 said:
is there anyone who is actually going to upgrade to this one? Im just guna wait however long until the g5 comes out

You'd ahve to be out of your mind or rich as heck to upgrade to this one just from the last one, but if this upgrade is coming out now, you KNOW the G5 isn't even close to out yet. I'd say at least a year until the new G5s since they've just come out with these upgrades. All I can say about this upgrade is, sucks for the people who got PBs for Christmas.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
I bought a new 15" G4 1.5GHz PowerBook in November and am completely happy with it, before, during and after this update.

If I didn't buy a PowerBook in November, that I needed for work, then 1) I wouldn't have been able to get half of my work done since spend alot of time travelling and 2) I would have bought a PC laptop that could handle the tasks I need(ed), now that wouldn't be too good now would it.

When dealing with computers, if you want the latest and greatest for longer than 6 months then, I'm sorry to tell you, it won't happen.

Just my 2 cents.

OP
M

menace3054

oh i totally agree with you, i just dont know why the would waste their time on an upgrade like this.. it was such a long period of time between this and the last upgrade that you would have thought something big was comming. I am totally happy with my pb and will be until the g5 comes out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.