Strange wireless internet problem

Reaction score
Hello,

i now have my MacBook Pro for about 4 months, and the wireless internet at home worked perfectly till now...
But suddenly i can't surf anymore, the airport has a connection with the wireless internet and all settings are OK.
My sister her notebook is still in connection (so i know the internet is OK and the wireless network is OK).
If I use the cable or connect on a different wireless network, like for example at my friends house, no problems are noticable.

So the strange part is, the wireless internet only doesn't work on my MacBook Pro at my house...

Does anyone know what this problem is?? I already did reset the router and the modem and reconfigured the wireless but still no succes...

I really need help, thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz C2D | 4GB DDR2 667 | 250GB Seagate Momentus | 8600M GT
Very strange. Despite everything you've done, I would still say there's a problem with your home network, though I don't know what.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks for the help,
but if it is a bad airport card, how is it possible that it works on any other
wireless network i know...
Reset the router again didn't work, changing the security didn't work eather...
I will visit the apple store tomorow and maybe they can help me with the problem...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
This has been a problem for me recently as well. It's an intermittent problem though. I'll be surfing, or streaming videos or music from my external HD which is connected to my Airport Extreme, and I'll get kicked off of my network out of nowhere. For a bit, I'll still have full signal strength, but then my connection to the ex hd disappears, and then I'll be connected to my neighbor's router instead (if it's online, which is usually always is).

This seems to me, like a router problem, in communicating with my airport card. But not sure. Sometimes, I'm able to reconnect by entering in my password again, because the MBP will still see the router and my info, but most of the time, it's too much a pain in the **** to do that.. so I'll have to reboot everything. Been baffled by it for a couple weeks now.

Doug

OP
B
Reaction score
I first thought it was the router, i am using a Belkin router voor wireless internet and was seriously thinking for buying an airport extreem station...
But if the problem is the same, i'll keep the old one and try the fix it, although i do not know the real problem...
When i search networks with the airport on my MacBook he does not find any other network so it can't be that either and i always have full signal strength but no internet...

Reaction score
I've actually had a very similar problem.

My brother has an aluminum Imac, and im on my macbook pro. Whenever I'm using airport on my macbook pro and my brother boots up his imac, it disconnects me from my internet connection. Network doesn't disappear, but my internet shoots itself.

Same goes for him sometimes. our internet just drops, but shows a connection to the network....

OP
B
Reaction score
I see lots of people has some similar problem, but no one, knows how to deal with it...
Doesn't Apple know something about it, or what to do about it??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini
The only thing I can think of is an IP address conflict. Are you guys using DHCP or manually assigning IP addresses?

OP
B
Reaction score
DHCP it is...
Every Computer or Mac has an unique ip-address (just checked it)

Reaction score
so whats the solution then?

I'm a complete n00b when it comes to networking.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini
Do you all MAC address filtering turned on in the wireless router?

OP
B
Reaction score
It's turned on but the mac address is correct, i tried to disable the mac address filtering but it still didn't work...

I changed some other things for example the dhcp range from 192.168.2.100 - 192.168.2.254. My airport had the .100 and i thought let's change the range...
the rang is now 192.168.2.101 - 192.168.2.254, the airport has again .100 what is even impossible but the wireless is working again...

this is even stranger, if everthing is alright it won't work and with an IP that's nog in the correct range, it works...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini
have you tried manually assigning your mac an IP address on the wireless interface?

Try 192.168.2.50
Subnet 255.255.255.0
GW 192.168.2.1 (I think, it should be the address of your router)

DNS 192.168.2.1 (again, your router)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 MBP Glossy 2GB Ram
I also have the same problem... my cable modem is showing good to go, my AP EX is also showing the same.... but no internet.... also my XboX 360 has the same problem and it is also wireless. my cable company is going to be calling me tomorrow to see if it is a cable problem... but they dont know ether... I have even went as far as going to Cat 5 from my AP EX to my MBP. No help...

Reaction score
Hello

Iam also having this very said problem doing my head in but its a little bit different.

My setup is

Cable modem
AIRPORT Extreme
then wireless setup
I MAC
Sony PS3

It all works fine BUT if i connect another computer( I touch/ laptop) via the network as Justin says the mac gets taken off the internet. Iam not downloading anything just emails etc. I can use the ps3 and the MAC at the same time and its ok.

thanks all

Reaction score
I've just posted an issue similar to you guys. iMac and PS3 connects fine wirelessly but since I downloaded some software updates for my Macbook Pro I've been unable to connect too. My internet was upgraded recently and the I.P. address of my PS3 was switched from 10.0.0.02 to 10.0.0.04 strangely. Not sure if its all connected but would help to know if and how you solved your problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.