Preferences\International\Language\Edit List problem

Reaction score
Hello,
When I was adding Russian as a second language in System Preferences\International (OS 10.5.6 Leopard) I mistakenly added Russian as a language for use in application menus, dialogs and sorting. I did this by selecting "Language" tab and clicking "Edit List..." button. Later I wanded to roll back all this as follows:
1. Open Preferences\International\Language. "Russuan" is displayed in "Languages:" list box.
2. Click "Edit List" button. "Select the items that appear in the Languages list:" dialog pops up. It has two columns "Show" (with check box) and "Language". The row with "Russian" is checked and disabled. When I click on "Language" column, the list gets sorted and the check box becomes enabled.
3. I uncheck the check box and press "OK"

Result:
4. The dialog doesn't get closed. Both "Cancel" and "OK" become non-responsive;
5. I tried to restartt the system - doesn't work unless the Preferences app is not closed. When I force quit Preferences and restarted Leopard, it didn't help. I still have all menues in awful russian translation

PLEASE HELP!!!! Maybe there is a way to fix the problem from Terminal

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.