What Accounting Software

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Alum - 24" Display - 4GB RAM
Hi...I'm new to Mac..actually only a few days, but I have a small photography business on the side shooting sports and seniors. While I was in my PC life, I used the free version of Quickbooks Simple Start, which met my needs just fine. Basic invoicing, tracking sales, purchases, customers etc. Now since switching over to Mac, I find out that there is no Mac version for Simple Start...only the Pro which is $199.....which is probably like having a formula car when I only need a sub compact.

So anyone using any type of software out there for these types of service. I don't have any employees or time to track and I'm not really into the online banking stuff.

I guess if I have to, I can still track that on my PC laptop or purchase the $199 software...neither of which I really want to do. But if I had to choose, I'd probably buy the software b/c I purchased the Mac to get out away from the PC so I really don't want to be going back.

So...any help / advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
Frank Lauri

Reaction score
If you have MSOffice installed you could load one of the Excel templates for small business tracking and track your numbers through there. It is pretty basic and all the formulas are built in.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the responses. I downloaded the trial for QB for Mac and I'm dabbling with that. Jury is still out.....

Thanks
Frank Lauri

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Give us your opinion please

Thanks for the responses. I downloaded the trial for QB for Mac and I'm dabbling with that. Jury is still out.....
Come back with your report please .. I am interested in finding a similar simple accounting package for Mac.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So far I like the QB for Mac. It's appears to be more than what I need but it's something I can grow into also. It's pretty user friendly and has very similar functions of those I was using in Simple Start. Still working my way around but I'm most certain I will purchase this shortly. As far as the price, the cheapest I've seen it was on Amazon for $179...has anyone seen anything cheaper than that.

Frank Lauri

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.