Question about unlocked iphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz Aluminum MacBook
I just bought my unlocked iphone on ebay. I would like to know if I was to connect my iphone to itunes and tried to erase the old owners itunes account, would I erase the unlock software becuase im doing this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
It shouldn't. That would mean restoring or reinstalling the firmware. As long as you don't do that you'll be fine. The phone will sync with whatever iTunes account it's connected to, not the other way around. So AFAIK when you connect it to your computer, it'll sync with your account.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz Aluminum MacBook
So I have the app Cydia and installer which I think is what is used to unlock it. Neither of those are on my itunes, so I need assurance that it will not erase these valued apps. But you said as long as I don't change the firmware I will be safe.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz Aluminum MacBook
Never mind. Got it all working great! Thanks alot fleurya.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
No prob. Cydia and Installer are a means of getting apps on your iPhone after you jailbreak it. Hope it all works out for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.