How 2?? use 2nd airport Expr to extend range?

Reaction score
Hi All-
iMac G4 w airport, OS 10.4.11, Airfoil HiJack software
Set-up:
"Broadcasting" to Airport Express Base (AEB) wall-wort unit to play Internet radio/iTunes remotely on speakers plugged into Express wall unit. Works GREAT BUT: limited range - want to move unit further from computer, but signal drops out-
SO:
I understand a SECOND AEB between the computer and present AEB should act as a "booster" to extend the signal range to the original AEB with speakers...
YES?
I have a second AEB, but airport utility does not recognize it - unit might be defective? I "assume" the Airport Utility's "scan" feature should recognize any AEBs "out there" (that would be the assumed "Apple-simple" way it should work!). Assuming 2nd AEB IS working, is there a trick to getting it recognized, and beyond that, is there a trick to configuring 2 AEBs to extend a signal further from the computer??
-Any thoughts, links to set ups (nothing in Apple support or Google I could find)?
Thanks
Stu Aull
Alaska

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.