Video on iPod Touch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 15"
Hi everyone.

Is there a (preferably free) program I can use to rip a DVD to my HD and convert it to an appropriate file format to run on my 8Gb itouch.

Cheers all. :D

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
What kind of DVD are you referring to?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
check out handbrake. there is an ipod setting. i like the mp4 setting because it works on psp and blackberrys and such.

the movie you want to put on your ipod may be encrypted or protected in some way. so there is a few steps you need to do beforehand. its a real grey area so unfortunatly it cant be discussed here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Handbrake. Go to their forum and read the Wiki and the stickies before asking ANY questions. Seriously. If you don't read and research you will get no help and will likely be mocked and treated rudely by the staff, myself included.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 15"
Thanks all. Its no special DVD... Just any DVD in general really - film DVD's, just for something to watch when travelling. In the UK they may be a different region than the US, but I do have quite a few region-free or other regions (my DVD player will play all regions y'see)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
OK, we just need to be careful about discussion of copy-protected DVDs.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 15"
Ah yes, true..... I assure you nothing iffy going on.

Reaction score
new post old thread

when I go to hotmail and get my email with a pic atatchment it wont let me open the pic.

Reaction score
Videora iPod Converter - Free iPod Video Converter

By far my favorite! It converts any file to mp4 or whatever you want, fast easy and free! Also, it includes (unless you don't want it) a Youtube downloader, just find the video and you can download it instantly! Plus it can add it to your library for you right after it finishes downloading. About ripping it...Probably you can use windows media? I'm not sure about that but defiantly check out Videora! Hope this helped.

---Alex

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.