Problems Connecting Wirelessly

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently purchased an Airport Extreme and connected an eMac (1.42 Ghz with 2 GB) and a MacBook (2.4 Ghz with 4 GB). I was able to connect to the Internet wirelessly and everything was going fine.

Then I had trouble connecting an external hard drive so I began fiddling around with some of the settings in Airport Utility. Bad mistake. Now I get this message when I open Airport Utility: "Airport Utility was unable to find any Apple wireless devices. Please make sure the Apple wireless device you want to set up is plugged in and in range of your computer, and then click rescan to try again." I've done what is asked and click rescan and still nothing. I get the same message and cannot proceed any farther. How do I get back into Airport Utility to change the settings?

Fortunately, I am able to connect using someone else's network as it is not password protected. Both of my computers can connect using this other network. But I sure wish to have my own network back again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
Is there a reset button on the AE? A tiny button/hole on the back that you depress with the end of a paperclip. Most routers have them and they reboot the router, resetting it to the factory settings.

OP
J
Reaction score
It Worked!

Thank you for setting on the correct path. I used the reset button and was able to reconfigure my Airport Extreme. Everything is wonderful again.

Thanks so much for your help!!!!!!!!!!1

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.