Will iBooks get increased VRAM when tiger comes out?

W

whyatt

Cos if so I may wait till the vague "mid 2005" of tiger.

Also I know current iBooks will run tiger with less of the graphical goodies. Will the dashboard thing still work? That seems the most useful - apart form meta-folders (which must work).

What do you think?

OP
T

titan0111

whyatt said:
Cos if so I may wait till the vague "mid 2005" of tiger.

Also I know current iBooks will run tiger with less of the graphical goodies. Will the dashboard thing still work? That seems the most useful - apart form meta-folders (which must work).

What do you think?
iBook won't support all the filters but I see no reason why dashboard won't work with current iBook...

OP
W

whyatt

Sorry for the dumb question - whats a filter?

I don't think I'll be to bothered by the lack of graphical splender - as 10.3 is a huge jump from Redhat 9 (linux) anyway!

OP
W

whyatt

Cheers!

from that site:

Extensible Image Units

Core Image provides a plug-in style architecture for accessing filters, transitions and effects packages called Image Units. Image Units provide centralized management for image processing plug-ins that can be shared across all host applications. Developers can spend more time creating new Image Units instead of porting code to work across heterogeneous applications. Image Units achieve unprecedented reliability and stability as well as performance.

If that doesn't work - then would newly created programs not run on the iBook at all!?

OP
T

titan0111

whyatt said:
Cheers!

from that site:

Extensible Image Units

Core Image provides a plug-in style architecture for accessing filters, transitions and effects packages called Image Units. Image Units provide centralized management for image processing plug-ins that can be shared across all host applications. Developers can spend more time creating new Image Units instead of porting code to work across heterogeneous applications. Image Units achieve unprecedented reliability and stability as well as performance.

If that doesn't work - then would newly created programs not run on the iBook at all!?
My guess is apps will still work with some limited functions...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.