Weird problem with iPhone capacity

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
Hi everyone,

My iPhones free space has dropped down to 992Mb and I'd like to give it a bit more room to breathe again.

Now when I looked at the capacity bar in iTunes it states I have 1.92Gb of videos on it!

The no videos at all on my Mac and I checked videos & podcasts from the sync menu in iTunes.

So does any know how I can delete whatever it is on there because I'm stumped on this one??? :Confused:

Reaction score
Why not....

It may be a bugger but try holding down menu button as well as the top button for 12-20 seconds turn it off I tend too find resetting my iphone makes it quicker sometimes. Or totally wipe your iphone but back it up too itunes before hand. Let me know how things go :D

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
Hi Alfiemc,

Thanks for your reply. I tried what you suggested and the iPhone restarted, I placed it back on the dock and it began syncing again however this time it started copying over a podcast!

However, in the podcast tab in the iPhone section the 'Sync' checkbox is unchecked so I don't understand why it done this.

So now I have figured that out, how can I delete the podcasts on there?

I tried checking the 'sync' podcasts option, hit sync iPhone, unchecked it, resynced iPhone but nothing changed. :(

Thanks in advance,

Marty

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I have no idea why your phone is retaining videos if you haven't put any there, then might I suggest performing a restore. It'll wipe everything from the phone and then replace the data you want synced, such as your Address Book, Mail settings, Calendar, SMS messages, etc. If it is still transferring over videos, then there has to be some sync setting you've missed.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, thanks Kash. I've just started the restore process now.

Hopefully it will work properly after this...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
That is very awkward, If i want to delete a video that I dont want I just simply slide my finger across the title of the video from L-R a and it will give me an option to delete the video. When I do that, The video is gone. Thats it. I hope that I could have helped. Maybe if in the future your iPhone ever starts to do it again, youll remember this!

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, the iPhone got wiped before Mjc.americor's post - wish I knew that so thanks very much for the tip.

I am now starting to resync my music and photos over and I'm not even going to look at the video/podcast tab again LOL!

Thanks again to all who've offered advice here, it is was much appreciated and I will know what to do in the future... :)

Reaction score
That is very awkward, If i want to delete a video that I dont want I just simply slide my finger across the title of the video from L-R a and it will give me an option to delete the video. When I do that, The video is gone. Thats it. I hope that I could have helped. Maybe if in the future your iPhone ever starts to do it again, youll remember this!

I don't know if your using a unlocked iPhone but sliding your finger along the selected video song (similar too deleting emails) doesn't work on the iPhone. Is it app or something ...?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know if your using a unlocked iPhone but sliding your finger along the selected video song (similar too deleting emails) doesn't work on the iPhone. Is it app or something ...?

Hi alfiemc,

If you go in to the iPod application on the iPhone, go to videos. If it is a podcast it will have a '>' at the right touch it, inside you will find one or more videos.

To delete one, touch and hold on the text (not video clip on the left) for about 3 seconds then slide right. The red delete box will appear. The same will happen for music videos etc, but you can delete them directly from the videos tab.

If you want to delete the entire contents for the podcast you will need to do them one by one.

This works on my locked (un-jailbroken) iPhone 3G running v.2.2. :Cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
Yep. Mine is a locked 3G iPhone running 2.2.1 on AT&T. Its included in the firmware

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.