new visitor with a question about airport extreme and ps3

Reaction score
Hi everybody. I just discovered this forum and I've been reading some good info but I wasn't able to find the answer to my question. I'm thinking of making the switch from PC to Mac but I do have many questions. I want to make sure that all of the stuff that I have set up now will work with the Mac setup and so I was wondering if someone could tell me if it was hard to set up their ps3 on-line. I don't some searching but wasn't able to find much information.

I guess I'm specifically looking for information on how to prioritize applications and how to port forward. If someone has some walk through instructions, that would be great. Screen shots would be even better. Thanks a bunch.

My wife and I have been thinking of making the switch and I hear, once you go Mac, you don't go back. haa.haa.haa.O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
The PS3 should work with any wireless router, but to answer your specific question yes it does. I have an Extreme and the PS3 works just fine with it.

It's setup and forget it - you'll never have to touch it again after you join your wireless network.

Reaction score
The PS3 should work with any wireless router, but to answer your specific question yes it does. I have an Extreme and the PS3 works just fine with it.

It's setup and forget it - you'll never have to touch it again after you join your wireless network.

I'm in a "similar" situation... Already have the MAC & just got a PS3. Does the PS3 connect wirelessly to the extreme. Basically I was wanting to stream movies over to the PS3 to watch.

Thanks for your help!
D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini
I use a program on my Mac called Tversity to stream to my PS3. Works like a charm.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.