Wich superdrive should I buy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
so you only want internal? if so, Id say get a pioneer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
I would agree, the Pioneer is the way to go. I've had the DVR-105 for a few years and not a bit of problem. Cost me $279 at the time and now you can get the (just released) DVR-109 with the beige bezel for $99 at esbuy. Has a dual layer write speed of 6x. Nice!

http://www.esbuy.com/pidvcoso.html

OP
S

Selby

I have a PB

immdb said:
I would agree, the Pioneer is the way to go. I've had the DVR-105 for a few years and not a bit of problem. Cost me $279 at the time and now you can get the (just released) DVR-109 with the beige bezel for $99 at esbuy. Has a dual layer write speed of 6x. Nice!

Sorry I forgot to write that I have a powerbook...
That's the reason I chose the links above.
Is there a recommended pioneer superdrive? for a powerbook (ti 1GHZ)
Thanks
Selby

PS is the superdrive MCE is offering a Pioneer DVR-K04L?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
Sorry, jumped the gun and didn't check the links.

Check this out.
http://forums.xlr8yourmac.com/drivedb/

select Drive type as dvd+r/rw + dvd-r/rw Drives
select Drive brand as Pioneer
enter Model# as DVR-K04L

A couple of reviewers got the drive from MCE and it worked fine. Maybe you should call MCE to see if the model# listed on their site is actually the DVR-K04L. If it is, you should be good-to-go.

(the last reviewer had problems…was shipped a replacement drive and it worked fine)

OP
S

Selby

Thanks

immdb said:
A couple of reviewers got the drive from MCE and it worked fine. Maybe you should call MCE to see if the model# listed on their site is actually the DVR-K04L. If it is, you should be good-to-go.
Thanks a lot, I got an email from MCE
Yes, the manufacturer of the mechanism we use in the MCE 8X SuperDrive for PowerBooks is Pioneer and it does come with an installation guide.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.