Epson printer problem

Reaction score
Using an Epson photo R2400 on Leopard 10.5.6. Printer works but profiles for Velvet, Watercolor and Ultrasmooth paper are greyed out. Can't select them. Reinstalled driver. Unplugged printer. Corrected disk permissions and ran maintenance procedures. Unistalled printer from system and tried to reinstall but wasn't being recognized. Had to switch from firewire to usb connection for it to be recognized again. Can use printer as before but those papers are still greyed out and I have printed with them before. Any ideas? Thank you.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's the printer driver for your Epson R2400 which controls what papers can be used. If you were able to print on those papers before using the same driver and same version of OS X, then something (?) may have corrupted the driver and\or settings.

Go over all the allowed settings for the printer to see if there may something you've overlooked. If everything is the same, try re-installing the printer driver. I'm assuming that model of Epson came with a driver for OS X.

Regards.

OP
P
Reaction score
I finally figured it out by reading the printer manual carefully (duh?). In order for those profiles to be selectable I need to choose Manual Roll Paper in the Page SetUp dialog box. I guess this is because these papers are placed in a separate slot where roll paper would be located. Thanks for your help and you are correct in that it is something that I overlooked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.