entourage 2004 and exchange

G

gdestiny

anyone have any experience connecting entourage to an exchange server?

i can't get it to connect. i know our exchange servers's name / IP. we are using W2K server AD, so i know my login name and domain.

i enter all that info into entourage's exchange account setting and it still shows not connected. since it doesn't give me any kind of error message, i'm not sure where to troubleshoot.

Reaction score
gdestiny said:
anyone have any experience connecting entourage to an exchange server?

i can't get it to connect. i know our exchange servers's name / IP. we are using W2K server AD, so i know my login name and domain.

i enter all that info into entourage's exchange account setting and it still shows not connected. since it doesn't give me any kind of error message, i'm not sure where to troubleshoot.

I'm working with Entourage 2004 and an Exchange server. When you're setting up your account in Entourage, did you choose New > Exchange > Configure Manually? Account name and ID'll probably be the first half of your email, the domain is just the domain name (no .com or anything), and I'm using the actual IP address for the Exchange server as trying anything else tended not to work.

Does that help at all...?

m19

OP
G

gdestiny

Morgan19 said:
I'm working with Entourage 2004 and an Exchange server. When you're setting up your account in Entourage, did you choose New > Exchange > Configure Manually? Account name and ID'll probably be the first half of your email, the domain is just the domain name (no .com or anything), and I'm using the actual IP address for the Exchange server as trying anything else tended not to work.

Does that help at all...?

m19

yeah, i did the manual configuration.

i entered my W2K server login name as my account ID. and listed my W2K server domain in the Domain: field. am also using our exchange 5.5 server IP address. but i still get not connected.

do i need to do anything in the advanced or security tabs?

Reaction score
That is exactly what my issue is. If anyone could give me a us a hand or at least point us in the right direction, that would be great!!!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.