Want to use windows with bootcamp and vmware but I already installed windows in vmwar

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I recently bought a genuine windows xp pro 64 bit edition. I installed it using vmware on my computer(the reason I choose vmware is beacuse its known compatibility with64 bit OS). However I found my mac became too slow. So I decieded to try using windows with bootcamp. It all worked out fine, I got the necessary drivers and its working smooth. The problem- I activated my windows while using vmware and now it will no more allow me to activate in bootcamp as it says I have reached the maximum number of activations allowed. I have like 30 day period left for activation. Only after all this happened did I realized that it recognizes vmware as a different machine. I am almost certain that I have wasted my windows copy but just wanted to check with you guys if anyone had any ideas workarounds to get me out of this. I really dont want to use vmware because its awfully slow ( my mac is 2.1 gz and 2 GB ram)
Thanks in advance!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Just call the phone # that was provided. Tell them the truth. This is the only machine it is installed on. They'll give you a new activation code.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
... I really dont want to use vmware because its awfully slow ( my mac is 2.1 gz and 2 GB ram)
Thanks in advance!

The bolded part is why it's slow. Add more ram and it should run smoother.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.