can't display video from new Apple composite A/V Cable

Reaction score
I just got an ipod touch (2G) for Christmas and really like it so far. However, I'm having a problem with something I bought for it. I bought the Apple A/V composite last night, because I was pretty sure that my old A/V cable would not work with it. Now, I hook it up to the television, but there is no video displayed and no message asking if I want to display video from the ipod on my ipod touch's screen, but I can hear the audio. Yes, the connections are how they should be and I checked if it was plugged in tightly by taking the yellow cord out and placing it back in. There was still no video. I also went to the settings menu and tried to see if there was something I could do, but it did not have a way to turn the television output on. Is there something I'm doing wrong? If so how do I get the video displayed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM
I don't think the AV Cables work with the iPod Touch . . .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Is this the AV cable that plugs into the headphone jack or the dock port?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2GHtz, 2Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD. 16Gb iPT Jailbroken.
I've got the composite a/v cables (plugs into the dock connector) and they work with my old ipod video and my 1st gen ipod touch.

Reaction score
Same prob here... will go back to the store tomorrow and see if there is something wrong.

Reaction score
i'm almost postive that with the newer generation ipods includes the touches and classics that you need a base connection, not a headphone jack, connection to use the tv-out features and watch them on a tv..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.