• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

DVD Burning w/ Toast.. is this going to work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
Okay, I got DVDBackup and did that process and it made the VIDEO_TS folder and it had all the files in there, etc..

Then I did DVD2oneX, it finished it's thing and made another VIDEO_TS folder, blah blah.

Now in Toast, I followed their directions, made New DVD then dragged the VIDEO_TS folder that DVD2oneX made into Toast. But I then made "Untitled DVD" to "THE_TWO_TOWERS" is that going to mess it up? Should I name the DVD "VIDEO_TS"???

Screen Shot attatched. Thanks.

BTW, I own this DVD, I'm just trying to see if this works. I'll even take a picture of the box and DVD if you don't beleive I already own it.

Thanks,

sKaD

toast.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
i have never copied dvds on a mac since the dvd burner in the house is on the family pc but i am 99.99% positive that it doesnt matter what you name the dvd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
The way you have it setup is perfect. In fact if it's not the way you have it now, it probably would come out not to the "standard", and not play in a regular DVD player.

There must always be a dvd title, and then the VIDEO_TS under that. Always. Doesn't matter what the title is, but it can't be labeled VIDEO_TS for obvious reasons.

OP
sKaD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
It worked, tested it in my sister's DVD player and it worked almost fine, it seems to "studder" I guess when changing chapters, but I think her DVD player does that on any DVD. Her DVD player is a pretty cheap Classic. but it works.

Thanks,

sKaD

I

iMacAlien

I also have Toast Titanium. I'd like to make some DVD's or video CD's from some concert footage I downloaded off the internet. The main files are .mpegf and .vcdf they all have .MPG files inside them. Do I have to convert any of these before I can burn them in Toast?

TIA,
-Jeff

PS-Running OS-X 10.3.2 Panther on a 17" iMac 800 flat panel

C

Chamorro

Which version of Toast do you have? I think Toast 6 will do the conversion for you.

OP
sKaD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
Chamorro said:
Which version of Toast do you have? I think Toast 6 will do the conversion for you.

This is a really old thread. I have Toast 5.2.3 and I would NEVER go to Toast 6 (I had it) and no it doesn't do the converting for you. That would result in a lawsuit against Roxio.

Thanks though :)

I

iMacAlien

It is Toast Titanium 6, I got it for a birthday gift, and IMHO it sucks. I have since removed it from my harddrive. It crashes a bit too frequently for me, and I think iTunes does a better/faster job burning audio CD-R's. As far as the video files I wanted to burn,...they're all still chewing up space on my HD. The first 3 DVD's I burned wouldn't work.

BTW, what do the files have to be converted to so Toast can make DVD's out of them????? (my initial question)

C

Chamorro

Toast 6 will convert DV files to mpeg-2. I think it'll work w/ QuickTime movies too, but I'm not sure. I'll try to experiment this weekend.

I've used it to convert old VHS stuff to DVD, via iMovie. It hasn't crashed on me once since I got it, and I think it works better than 5. On a side not: there won't be any lawsuits against Roxio, b/c Toast is converting my own files, not DVD's. My original reply was aimed at iMacAlien.

I don't think the DVDBackup to DVD2oneX way will work b/c they need to work w/ finished DVD's (that have VIDEO_TS folders).

OP
sKaD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
whoah, whoops!!!

Okay, I totally misunderstood this whole thread, I guess I should have read the upper half.

My bad, I'll delete my other posts.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.