Garageband musician

Reaction score
I've used FL Studio on PC and Garageband on the mac to create music for a number of years. I've improved over the course of time, and I must say; Garageband is very easy compared to FL Studio. Music, photo editing, and video seem to flow much easier on a mac than PC.
Anyone interested in a listen can hear it here.
I know it sounds simple to be using Garageband, but I find the interface easy with no real learning curve. Any other mac or PC musicians still use Garageband?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1.5Ghz, 768Mb RAM, 80gb hard drive-imac G4-ipod touch 32Gb 3g-Macbook 2.4ghz, 2BG RAM
I use GarageBand pretty regularly for doing live sounding songtracks and demos. GarageBand is a fine 'entry level' DAW with limited but great sounds, but there are always plenty third party apple loops to make up. It took me a little bit of time to understand it tho, but once you get it, its sweet.

BTW Nice tracks Squeabs. What did you use?

OP
S
Reaction score
The first three tracks were done in FL Studio. I used Garageband for the fourth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
250 HDD, 2 GHz Intel, C2D, 1GB RAM
You got some cool stuff there, Squeabs. However, it's funny. You say that you used Garageband for the fourth tune and yet, that is the only one I couldn't play. I have an iMac and use Garageband somewhat. Actually, I have had my eye on a 2-channel interface so that I can plug my guitar into the computer better than the crappy method I have now. I'm curious; did you make those songs from the sounds in Garageband of did you use any Apple loops too? Did you play any parts on an instrument at any point or was it all totally synthesized? Nice work, dude! Keep it up!

OP
S
Reaction score
I used garageband from the iLife 04 package with a bunch of the newer jam packs to make the last song. all the music was played through a keyboard hooked up via midi usb.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.