Since the new PB is out, can you find the last model anywhere new but cheap?

C

CaptainMack

most of the stores that sold them will still sell them, probably for a price drop.

S

SamR

Currently at the computer store at my university, 12" combos (1.33ghz) are $1,099, and for the superdrive it's $1,249, i'm too tempted

OP
M
Reaction score
SamR said:
Currently at the computer store at my university, 12" combos (1.33ghz) are $1,099, and for the superdrive it's $1,249, i'm too tempted

thats an awesome deal.

J

jbsengineer

it really is an awesome deal. i just but a combo drive 1.33 last week for 1399 after the edu discount. i called them today and there giving me a $200 discount becuase of the drop right after i bought one. haven't decided what i'm going to do with the $200. either sell my powerbook and by the new superdrive 12". orrrr....buy an ipod mini.... not sure

Josh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Amazon's got the 12" 1.33/combo for $1299...can't tell if that includes the $100 mail in rebate or not. I don't think it does. Pretty good for non-educational pricing, either way.

MacConnection's got them at $1294, with a memory upgrade free after rebate.

M

menace3054

my university does a thing like that, only its really a scam.. well in my opinion it is

when i was in the market for my pb in may of 04 (2 days after the newest revision came out) they had the older model 12" with combodrive for 1099.* the star meant you had to buy icare with it for the addl 250, so it was really 1350. ok well that was for a 1ghz 12" model, with NO airport extreme card, with a 40gb hd, no bluetooth etc..

S

SamR

That really does suck. This one is the 60gb harddrive w/ airport card (the same one that was the latest version as of 2 days ago)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.