Tip

Reaction score
I FOUND OUT if you want to change the format of a picture or a video or a song just click on the name of it wait a second than click it again like when you change the name of something than at the and of the name type . than type the format you want like .mp4 for itunes than click enter and than click use mp4 or whatever format you selected i just tried this so don't do this on an important file because if something were to go wrong oh know. well it works for me good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.33GHz C2D, 2GB RAM
Sorry, you're only changing the filename's extension, not the actual format of the file. If you really had changed the file's format, the file's size would almost always change as well, but I'm sure if you look at the file you "changed", you should see that its size is exactly the same before and after.

OP
macscanfly
Reaction score
Sorry, you're only changing the filename's extension, not the actual format of the file. If you really had changed the file's format, the file's size would almost always change as well, but I'm sure if you look at the file you "changed", you should see that its size is exactly the same before and after.

well how can i change the format i really need to do you know how

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
Do a google search for the old file type extension together with the new file type extension along with the word "convertor". If it's possible, you'll get a search hit on a site with an appropriate application.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
What do you want to convert specifically?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.