Watch .wmv online?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook - 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM
is there a way to watch wmv videos online with iphone? Thanks, I have searched and searched with no luck at all.

Reaction score
As far as i know you can't watch wmv nor flash for that matter the reason is :- This is an industry-wide issue caused because the accepted Digital Rights Management (DRM) system used to protect online video content, which is required by our content owners, is not compatible with Apple Mac hardware and software. The closed DRM system used by Apple is not currently available for licence by third parties and there is no other Mac-compatible DRM solution which meets the protection requirements of content owners. Unfortunately, we are therefore unable to offer 4oD content to Mac users at this stage.

I found that on the 4 on demand site when i tried playing things off there and I presume that the reason WMV don't work on the iPhone is a similar reason

Reaction score
.wmv is Windows...Do you think Mac would want you to watch Windows videos? XD Hence the "you need safari and quicktime to use iTunes". =P if only if only...They just need to get along >.>

Reaction score
.wmv is Windows...Do you think Mac would want you to watch Windows videos? XD Hence the "you need safari and quicktime to use iTunes". =P if only if only...They just need to get along >.>

funny how there are ways to watch .wmv through quicktime.. flip4mac :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.