Pismo with wrong keyboard!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pismo 500mhz, 768 of ram, Mac OS X Tiger .11
I recently bought a pismo in really nice condition, this is my first mac btw, it´s a 500mhz model with original dvd and 20gb hd, optional airport card and 768 of ram.

It´s running on a fully updated tiger.

For the past 5 days I´ve been trying to setup the keyboard with no luck, then I though the keys were scrambled but thats not the case either.

After that I browsed the net and noticed the keyboards displayed are different than the one I have.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/metallizer/WpismoKeys.jpg

It´s possible to change the keyboard configuration file to make this keyboard work correcly on the pismo?

Which model this keyboard came originally from?

also, I don´t have the administrator password, It´s possible to change it without formatting? I asked the seller and he doesn´t know it either and didn´t bothered to ask to the person he originally bought it from.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
 menu > system preferences > International > Input menu - is your country ticked - and select Show input menu in menu bar, the flag in the top right of the menu bar will show you what language the keybaord is currently set to

If you have the restore disk you can change the admin password

Mac OS X: Changing or resetting an account password

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
new years bump, according to this it looks like the french keyboard but it´s not exactly the same.

How to identify keyboard localizations

plus, the notebook refuses to boot from the dvd rom drive so I can´t remove the current adm pass.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I still don't get what the problem is....
Do the keys on the keyboard not match what appears when you type?

I'd try all the different layout under the international settings to see if any of those will work. Alternatively just ignore the keyboard markings and just type "blind" instead. Or create your own layout:
Unicode Keyboards for Mac OS
Technical Note TN2056: Installable Keyboard Layouts

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Exactly.

I tried a bunch of the layouts at the international setting none of them works.

I´m typing in it blind right now but it irks me a lot when something I bought recently does not work perfectly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
There are French keyboards completely different from standard or US keyboard, with acutes and other grammar signs. Purchased a Mac laptop from the French Embassy in Beijing and struth it took some working out.

Eventually only way I could cope was removing original keyboard installing a standard keyboard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.