g++ compiler

Reaction score
Ok, so I know everyone has asked this question and it has been answered many times but my question (I believe) is a little specific. I want the c/c++ compilers BUT I do NOT want to download xcode. Is there any way to do that? And, just so no one asks me, I don't want to download xcode because it is a garbage IDE and it takes up a whole gig of memory. Anyways, if anyone can answer my question without giving me crap about my IDE preference, or busting my balls about coding in c++ (which is clearly the most awesome language to program in) then hats off to ya.

cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G3 DV 400Mhz // Powermac G3 500Mhz
If you are just looking for a C++ compiler, i use Eclipse, i'm not sure about your G++ thing though but check out eclipse anyway its free and fairly easy to use.

Eclipse.org home

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Eclipse isn't a compiler, simply an IDE. If you are looking to install a compiler, you will have to install the Xcode dev tools. They are available on your install discs or, for a more recent version, you can download it from the Apple dev site here. You will have to create an account.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.