Should I get an Ibook even though it HAD a vid problem?

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I finally got an account on here so I thought this would be my first post.

There is a guy who wants to sell me an ibook g3 white model number m8413. He said it had a video problem that he fixed a while ago. The way he did it was 'repaired the chip 'floating' off the board with a generous amount of epoxy.' There are a couple minor scratches on the case (who doesn't have them). He wants to sell it for 90usd with 2 cables. Should I get it knowing that he fixed it? I hear this series is notorious for it's video problem. Could I get some insight from some people? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
Honestly, I wouldn't buy that iBook in the first place. The G3s are slow to the point of uselessness when it comes to any modern application, including web browsing. All the G3 iBooks are considered either obsolete or vintage. That particular iBook is only 600 Mhz, which is one of the oldest of the white iBooks (Late 2001).

As for the repair.. I wouldn't trust it. It doesn't sound like a very professional job. Your better off spending a bit more and getting at least a G4.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks for your imput, I actually have a backup laptop I was looking at. ibook g4 for 120usd with cable. Do you think that's a fair price?

EDIT: sorry for not putting this in there but the ibook g3 comes with an airport card. not express.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
Check the year of the iBook the last model was 2006.
MacTracker (Freeware) has all Mac models listed with all the info
Mactracker - get info on any Mac

Yeah, that's how I found that model. The model he is looking at is the late 2001 version.

Thanks for your imput, I actually have a backup laptop I was looking at. ibook g4 for 120usd with cable. Do you think that's a fair price?

EDIT: sorry for not putting this in there but the ibook g3 comes with an airport card. not express.

What are the specs on the G4? $120 sounds good for a G4 if it is in working condition.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.