"Scheduler" keeps starting my Mac G4 up on its own!

Reaction score
I have gone into my Mac G4 tower's "ENERGY" settings to unclick scheduled startups and shutdowns...and even clicked the lock to keep any changes from being made...yet everytime you shut down it reactivates the scheduler times and the computer starts itself up according to the times.

I want it off completely. Can someone tell me what I need to do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
This is an unusual one. In these circumstances I would recommend as a first option repairing the OS permissions, and doing so with OnyX, a free maintenance utility from Titanium Software.

OP
M
Reaction score
took your advice and downloaded the Titanium Software. Ran the program and repaired the OSX permissions. I restarted, again shut off the "startup" preferences, locked it to prevent changes, and restarted again.

No luck. Startup and Shutdown preferences are active again after restart.
***?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Try moving com.apple.scheduler.plist [User > Library > Preferences] to the Trash (but don't delete - yet) and then rebooting. Hopefully, you can then go back to SysPrefs and reset Energy Saver. If things return to normal, you can delete the old pref file.

OP
M
Reaction score
Resetting the Cuda/PMU didnt work unfortunately. It just reset the clock and date. I moved the scheduler plist to the trash and reset the settings. This didnt work either. The next time I went into the SECURITY window and click "require password to unlock settings" and then emptied the trash from the scheduler plist. This seemed to work after I restarted. Settings are locked and dimmed out, and the startup and shutdown options under Scheduler is no longer selected.
Thanks again for you help guys

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.