Safari Bookmark Problem

Reaction score
This a a problem I cannot figure out, and has asked alot of people, and they cannot figure it out either. This a Safari question. Safari is my main browser on my mac. Some time ago, I am not sure what happened, but I must of hit just the right amount of buttons at once, and I lost my ability to edit my bookmarks.

Now, if you use Safari, you know how the bookmark bar works. Below the address bar, you have your single bookmarks and your bookmark folders. At the far left is a icon that looks like a open book. When you click on it normally, it opens the whole bookmark page where you can edit everything, reorganize, ect. Now, when I click on the open book icon, a gray bar appears at the bottom of the screen with a plus sign on the left. Nothing happens when I click on the plus sign.

Does anyone know what is going on? It changed something on the computer itself. We have removed Safari off of my computer and reinstalled it and the same problem persists.

it is driving me crazy because I have a couple folders that are getting filled up with links that no longer work and I have to pick through all of them. HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can do the same thing by clicking on the top menu "Bookmarks" and then selecting "Show all Bookmarks". Have you tried doing that? It works just like the little folder on the bookmark bar.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.