dropped powerbook

B

bill7624

Help! I dropped my 4 week old baby. My 15" Powerbook was pulled off my desk and hit the floor. It landed on the tip of the left lower base. It has a crimped-in left outer edge. The small lateral edge screw held. The top flat portion is also crimped-in leaving a 2-3 millimeter gap along the front outer edge. Mercifully, the screen does shut and lock into position. Are there any links to a set of instructions on how to disassemble the laptop? Is crimping out the aluminum something a knowledgeable lay-person should undertake? What components are in the left corner? Should I pay through the nose and let some emotionally unattached technician attempt this feat perhaps not doing an adequate job?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
OP
B

bill7624

rman said:
Hope this will help. PowerBook Fix It
Thank you for this every informative site. I'll tackle the job this weekend. I would like to use this public forum to thank all the Mac enthusiast who make this a better place by publishing help hints.

OP
B

bill7624

guerom00 said:
If you are not afraid of the language, there is this page ... in french...

Hope this helps
Thank you kindly for your response to my request. There are excellent graphics to follow. The irony is not lost that the french word for disassemble contains the english word 'demon'. Devilish problem to take apart a Powerbook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.