Help with remote screen sharing problem

Reaction score
First of all, i am new so i would like to say hi. Second of all, not 100% sure if this is the correct topic/place to be posting, but it kinda seemed like the best place to put it. Ok, now for the problem. I am out of town and i took my travel book, aka a macbook white running leopard. my computer at home is a imac with leopard and the screen sharing option in the preferences is on. I left it on for torrents and it never goes to sleep. i know the global ip of my home computer from one of those whats my ip sites, and i also know the local ip adress. Nobody is home, and i was wondering if anybody had any ideas on how i could screen share so i can access the files that i need that are on my computer at home from my computer that is with me. It is slightly imparitive that i get those files or at least see whats in them. Any ideas or help or anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.