Blocking pop-up windows doesn't work . . .

Reaction score
at least when it comes to NetFlix. They manage to end up on my screen a lot. Other than activating my pop-up blocking, are there ay more steps I can initiate. And how ARE they doing that?

Thanks, Phil

Reaction score
Some pop-up or pop-under ads can't be stopped with the usual browser "block pop-ups" setting. I haven't been to the NetFlix website but they may be using JavaScript, DHTML, Ajax goodies etc. In those cases, the cure may be worse than the disease, as you'd have to turn off JavaScript or Flash or whatever and it would degrade your experience with the rest of the site. Stinks, doesn't it?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
The answer lies in the other thread you started by the same name.

And please, don't double post your questions.

OP
G
Reaction score
Ad Blocker indeed works like a charm. I haven't have a single pop-up since installation. Thanks so much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz 4GB, iPod Classic 120GB
Popups, I have not seen one in so long haha.

Just to give you another thing to try, I use FireFox it has an amazing built in pop-up blocker, I also use Ad Block Plus with it and I have not seen a single pop-up or even advertisement on a site in a long time

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.