Transfer photo/video from phone to MB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
I'm trying to connect my Motorola W490 to my MacBook via USB, but the phone says it's not being recognized. How can I fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
Try using Parallels and Windows.

Does the Motorola site say anything about supporting your phone and Apple OS?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm trying to connect my Motorola W490 to my MacBook via USB, but the phone says it's not being recognized. How can I fix this?

I just connected my W490 to my MacBook and it sees it fine. It even places an icon of a hard drive on my desktop labeled "no name". I just double clicked it and it opened up all the settings and folders which are in the phone. I can drag and drop from my Mac to the phone.

You must not be doing something right.... Go into the W490 tools settings and make sure you have the USB input to the phone activated and not the blue tooth instead.

Regards.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just connected my W490 to my MacBook and it sees it fine. It even places an icon of a hard drive on my desktop labeled "no name". I just double clicked it and it opened up all the settings and folders which are in the phone. I can drag and drop from my Mac to the phone.

You must not be doing something right.... Go into the W490 tools settings and make sure you have the USB input to the phone activated and not the blue tooth instead.

Regards.

Where exactly are those settings? I went into "USB Settings" and saw the default connection is "Memory Card."

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.