Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Looks like sexboy will be disapointed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I thought I already said thered be no g5 or DP g4 or DC g4 laptops any time soon. why dont people ever listen? the upgrades are still cool. wish I had a powerbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Macman, you and anyone else who is sane has been trying to tell the G5 PowerBook zealots that same thing for years now....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
schweb said:
Macman, you and anyone else who is sane has been trying to tell the G5 PowerBook zealots that same thing for years now....
exactly.

I

IChing

rman said : "Looks like sexboy will be disapointed."

sexboy said to rman :"I mkae a bet with if powerbook g5's dont come out by junne then ill rub it in ur face. JK" :)

thought you wanted to go down memory lane,
anyway wonder how much the price will drop on the old models, like mine will be? Just got it in November. Oh well, I'm very happy with mine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
It doesn't look like they dropped the prices on all models just the base 12"

T

titan0111

trpnmonkey41 said:
It doesn't look like they dropped the prices on all models just the base 12"
i don't think they dropped the price on 12" either... :D

OP
B
Reaction score
Macman said:
I thought I already said thered be no g5 or DP g4 or DC g4 laptops any time soon. why dont people ever listen? the upgrades are still cool. wish I had a powerbook.

schweb said:

personnally i never said that there was gonna be a g5 or dual core powerbook, i was one who said there wouldn't be either also, i was just letting people know that the updates were out, since alot of people were talkin about powerbooks being out of stock and so forth, i guess that puts me in the sane catagory, i'm waitiong on tiger to come out before a make a move

M

maislin88

they did drop that prices on all the models i think. imo they only did this to get the most profit they can before they release the g5 powerbooks when they release tiger.

C

Cloudane

I envy the owners for the scrolling touchpad. Other than that, not too groundbreaking!

S

SamR

Good to see 512ram standard. They didn't change the price on the 15" at all but now every 15" comes w/ a "brighter" backlit keyboard. I'm also envious of the trackpad thing, the hard drive protection deal I prob wouldn't need but would feel better about having.

J

jbsengineer

i just use "sidetrack" for scrolling with the trackpad. i also set a corner for expose! awesome!

josh

S

SamR

Maybe it's just cause I got the free version but sidetrack was absolutely worthless for me. I could never get it to work and it was horrible.

Reaction score
titan0111 said:
i don't think they dropped the price on 12" either... :D

But now it's 512 MB by default now instead of 256. And alot was upgraded so i guess you get mroe for what you pay...

IMO, i think they aren't worth the money anyways..

Reaction score
I am very pleased with the new Powerbooks.

The scroll feature is great. It is a waste of time to have to manually scroll down pages, so I am very surprised apple hasn't adopted the scroll on their regular mouse yet.

I'm also happy that they stuck with the G4. It proves that this processor still has legs, and will continue to be around for a longer period of time. Also makes me feel good being a G5 owner....still keeps you in a seperate class :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
You'll see their mouse come with a scroll wheel (iPod) type mentality one of these days :)

T

tariq

SideTrack kicks butt. I've been using it since the day I got my PowerBook. Just use that and you won't miss the new feature. It's even better in someways --1 finger operation instead of 2.

M

mitchryan

I'm a little confused as to why the PB15" doesnt have digital audio output. I can understand reserving digital input for the 17", but i'd have thought that digital output would be a very useful feature on the 15. Anyone know more?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.