Audio Interfaces

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a repeat of previous posts / threads!

I am trying to gather views on audio interfaces. I want to be able to record 8 input simultaneously into MBP (I am using garage band). I have only just switched to Mac so ....I know nothing!

Reaction score
well, AD conversion is a bit tricky. what is your specs on your probook? I bought a 400 buck m-audio (model1814)converter for my g5 3 years ago--it has been sturdy and has good preampsfor the 2 balanced inputs. Which brings me to a question are you planning on going quality--ie balanced xlr?hope this is heplful,

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks...MBP is a recent purchase in excess of 2GHZ with 4GB of RAM and a firewire 800 link. I want input for Roland Drums, 2 x Mic, Keyboard, Bass, 2 x Guitar. Someone recently mentioned the MOTU 828 mkII but at £360 it's a bit more than I budgeted for. I am searching for kit in the range of £200 - but if this means a big compromise on quality I'm willing to stretch it a bit.

Reaction score
Presonus and M-Audio both make 8 XLR/Line in boxes with Firewire out. They both work with core-audio and any program that uses it. I have had good experiences with the presonus firepod.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.