Macbook Pro heat on old and new MBPs

Reaction score
Hello, i'm a new macbook pro user. I notice the bottom gets very on the previous macbook pro.. i'm using a 15inch macbook pro 2.2ghz 320gb 7200rm 128mb nvidia. i notice it got hot on the bottom of the macbook pro on both the standard 5400rpm and my new 7200rpm hard drive. So heres my two questions.

1. Is there a case out that can be used to make it bareable to use your laptop in your lap after a while when it gets hot (either models)
2. does the bottom of the macbook pro on the new late 2008 (unibody?) macbook pros have this heat issue too??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, White macbook, iMac
I bought a cooling mat for my Macbook pro.

OP
J
Reaction score
linky?

I bought a cooling mat for my Macbook pro.

thanks for your reply. i've heard of one that comfortable for you to use in your lap...is that the way yours is made? do you have a link or pic of the one you have?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
They all get warm on the bottom. I bought a Griffin Elevator stand for my machine which seems to keep it fairly cool. You can buy it at your local Apple store or here.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.