Has anyone seen this graphics issue before?

Reaction score
It happens intermittently and randomly and occasionally is associated with slowing of the performance and crashing of the system necessitating a reboot.

The Mac Tech support guy recommended upgrading to 10.5.6 to see if it goes away...

Any thoughts would be appreciated....

Picture 4.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Is the glitch only effecting type?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It happens intermittently and randomly and occasionally is associated with slowing of the performance and crashing of the system necessitating a reboot.

The Mac Tech support guy recommended upgrading to 10.5.6 to see if it goes away...

It may be font corruption, at least it looks it from the screenshot you provided.

Read this article from Apple:

Apple - Pro - Tips - Checking for Bad Fonts

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
I would bet you have a system font being overridden by a font you use and is installed with Explorer or Suitcase. I have a conflict all the time with Helvetica Neue. The system dfont has only the basic cuts and I install the whole family and get a warning.

OP
B
Reaction score
I ran the Font utility- 268 fonts passed, 42 had minor problems (not clear what this means) and none had serious problems.

This has been happening not just with type- occasionally with other screen graphics.

what does resetting the PRAM do and how do i do it?

Reaction score
Resetting your PRAM cleans out some stored settings on your machine one being display refresh rate, screen resolution, and number of colors.

Shut down the computer and as your turning your mac on press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time. Release the keys.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.