Dirty UNDER the iSkin

Reaction score
Hi!

I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem.
I'm presently living in a very dusty environment, so I've taken precautions to protect my keyboard and have an iSkin over it. The case has its normal discoloration (because it's a white MB after all), but there's also discoloration BENEATH the iSkin cover. I clean the keyboard itself regularly as well and apropos of nothing, it just turns to this grey at the edge of the keyboard beneath the iSkin and around certain keys, usually at the left hand side.

Is something happening beneath the iSkin? Is it like keyboard "exhaust" that's building up? This happening to anyone else?

Reaction score
Yeah, this has happened to me too, just take it off now and again and wipe it down with a dampened fine cloth. This should help.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
Yep, I wipe it down occasionally when I do my routine cleaning.
I just wonder WHY it happens? Any ideas?

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
Yep, I wipe it down occasionally when I do my routine cleaning.
I just wonder WHY it happens? Any ideas?

Maybe bacteria was developing on your keyboard or small microscopic dust got under it?

OP
J
Reaction score
Nah, I don't think its bacteria... Well, who knows.

I feel like it's exhaust from the HD and MB beneath the keyboard. And it just accumulates between the keys...

I dunno, but I'm just too curious!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.