Do not have permission?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.53ghz, 4gb RAM, 320gb HD, 512mb vid card.
I'm logged in as admin, but for some reason sometimes when I try to copy files to my external, or delete something off of either the external or the MBP's HD, I get the error message "You do not have sufficient permission to do that, contact your system admin blah blah blah". But...I AM the admin. Seems random, haven't been able to narrow it down so far. Most recently, downloaded Symantec and ran a full system scan, and half the first files it scanned said "Not fully scanned, did not have permission to open the file." Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
you probably just need to use Disk Utility to run a Repair permissions on your internal disk.

If the external is Mac formatted you should be able to check Igonore permissions on this Drive if you get info on that drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.3 GH i7, 100GB internal storage, 3TB external storage, 2 15" Monitors. OSX 10.11.4
Ntfs?

Is your disk drive formatted as NTFS? if so get the Paragon utility NTFS for MAC OSX. and you should be good to go.

M

MacInWin

I would think that in the 7.5 years since the OP opened this thread the solution was found.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.