iTouch will not update

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
I just connected my iTouch to my iMac and tried to update it to 2.2.

Each time I try to update it, iTunes says I do not have sufficient rights to do this. :(

I am connected to the Apple site in iTunes, it updates the Applications, so why does it say I can't update the iTouch? My iPhone has already updated to 2.2, so I do have whatever rights are needed.

Any thoughts please?

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
It seems it was a problem with permissions on my hard disk, not on iTunes.

I ran 'repair permissions' in the Disk Utility and that fixed it.

Apparently, the Mac OS is not as bulletproof as Apple would have us believe - although the repair was easier than it would be to fix a BSOD on Windows. :)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
It seems it was a problem with permissions on my hard disk, not on iTunes.

I ran 'repair permissions' in the Disk Utility and that fixed it.

Apparently, the Mac OS is not as bulletproof as Apple would have us believe - although the repair was easier than it would be to fix a BSOD on Windows. :)

Please enlighten us, on what OS that has no flaws and or bugs? For the record there is no such thing as an iTouch. >_>"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.