memory cards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
i see a lot of people ask what cameras people suggest but i was wondering what cards you use... sandisk, lexar ? and what card readers do you use as well. and have anyone of you used a expresscard reader?

i was mainly talking about compact flashes... maybe SanDisk Extreme® IV CompactFlash® or maybe Lexar Professional UDMA 300x CompactFlash what ever you guys sue and why i would love to hear about it.

thnx in advance

OP
macwannabe
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
anyone use compactflash?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
yep, right now mostly lexar professional CF devices. My reader is USB2.0, CF is larger than an expresscard, so there was no reason to have a CF card sticking out 2"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
There's really no reason to use UDMA cards unless your camera can untilize them. The slightly faster transfer rate from card to computer isn't worth $70, imo.

Sandisk and Lexar are doing rebates right now as well. I'm thinking about buying three Sandisk 8gb Extreme IV cards for $300ish. I get $150 back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.