Calibrating Battery Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 MacBook
Ok, so I am thinking I should calibrate my battery. I really hate not being able to use it though. I am thinking I am just gonna run the battery down all the way and then pop out the battery for its 5 hours and just let it sit and plugging in my computer it on AC power, but no battery in it. Is that ok? Will it still calibrate it correctly, and is that bad for my computer? Thanks.

OP
CupCate18
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 MacBook
I've seen that in my help menu, but I was just wondering if I could plug in to AC with the battery resting out of the computer and if it would do the same.

Thanks though.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No, the battery can not be calibrated correctly if removed from your machine. The best way is to follow Apple's instructions.

Personally with my machine, I let my battery run down around once a month and then recharge it. However, I use my machine mostly as a desktop hooked to an external monitor and keyboard\mouse.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.