Control-F find can't see Microsoft Word 2008 documents!

Reaction score
I use Mac OS 10.4.11, and I just installed Microsoft Word 2008 for Mac, because my ancient version of Word kept crashing.

I like the new MS Word, except for one major thing: In the old version of Word, I could search for documents by hitting Control-F in the Finder and entering a word; then it would show me all of the documents and folders that contained that word. So if I wanted to find all of the Word docs that contained the word "notebook", I could hit Control-F, enter "notebook" and it would do that.

Now, with the new version of Word, the find function doesn't see the new Word docs. So if I have a Word 2008 doc that contains that word "notebook", it doesn't appear when I do a find.

I write a lot for my job, and this is a very necessary feature for me... is there anything I can do so my Finder can see the contents of my Word 2008 docs?

Thank you!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.