Mackie Control Pro drawing too much power from usb?

Reaction score
I have a Mackie Control Universal Pro connected to my 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB rom, running OSX 10.5.4.

When I first hooked up my Mackie Control Pro (about 1 year ago) it worked perfectly. A bout 2 months ago my computer wouldn't recognize it anymore. I keep getting this message telling me the device is drawing too much power from USB port and due to that it will shut down that specific port.

My MCP is plugged to the electrical outlet and shouldn't need to be drawing power via the USP. I tried disconnecting all other devices hooked up via USB and Firewire beside the keyboard and mouse but same massage keep coming.

I checked the MCP to make sure the electrical wire was plugged in properly and supplying it with power, I also tried hooking it up with different USB cables via different ports but problem still there.

Can anybody help me out please this is starting to be a big head ache. Any help would be great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 3.2ghz 8 core 6gig ram 8800gt
im having that excact same problem, i have to use midi now but even then my solo and mute buttons are not working in addition to my click button and a few others. tryed nearly everything.... any ideas would be helpful.

im running logic pro 8

cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.