Backup Software

G

gtee

Is there a program for a Mac that creates a disk-image [as Ghost does for a PC] that anyone uses?
I realise a Mac is far more stable than Windows but I would like the security of knowing I have a complete backup of my system.

Reaction score
You can use Disk Utility for that, it can be found in your utilitys folder and their are also lots of freeware programs 'Dimage' being one of them that you can use.

Reaction score
Also if you would like to make a full copy of your system programs like 'Carbon copy cloner' are helpfull for that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I like Super Duper. It can do full system backups including bootable backups. But unlike Carbon Copy Cloner its incremental backups actually seem to work right and you can set it to only copy certain directories, etc. Whatever you want it to do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
My favorite is Tri-BACKUP :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
ccc is good, another great one is called synk.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
One of the cool things I like about Tri-BACKUP is that I have it setup so that I plugin my iPod, it automatically backs up my Sites folder and my MySQL directory to it. And then once that is done it triggers the next backup which then backs up my hard drive to an external hard drive.. I really like this program :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Absolutely.. it can pretty much do any kind of backup that you would ever want :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
sounds cool, I may have to try it, I love CCC thoughy, cause it makes a 'bootable' copy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah so does Tri-BACKUP, the interface isn't as friendly as I think it should be, but like I said.. it can do ANYTHING that you would want :) I deploy it on a couple of xserves that I manage and it just works.. it's awesome :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.