Fonts in OSX as compared to Windows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" recyclable MacBook Pro - Go Green!
Hi,
Is it possible to get the fonts in safari (or firefox) similar to how it appears in windows? The fonts in safari appear a bit blurry and bold. I tried changing the regular fonts using safari->preferences but it didnt seem to change it.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
This is related to a fundamental difference between the way Windows and Mac OS render fonts. While Microsoft chose to distort the fonts to look better on-screen, Apple chose to render them accurately. It's one of those things that you just have to get used to - and over time, you won't even notice it anymore.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks cwa!
So I can stop worrying that its related to my setup!! :)

About getting used to it, I'm not so sure since I use Windows at work so will have the comparison in front of me always! :(

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
To be honest, my MacBook Pro sits right next to my Windows machine all day at work, and I switch between them constantly. It was noticeable at one point, but now I don't see it. In fact, most of the time, I prefer looking at the MacBook Pro's screen, but I can't pick out why.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Interesting..
thanks for the info!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.