• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Snow Leopard Preview Video

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Snow Leopard 10.6 Preview Video released at Sevenmac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
It looks like quite a bit of evidence there, but I just don't see how a 17 year old with no business inside Apple manages to get the first copy of 10.6 on the web :p. It's very possible to make it say "10.6" in 'About this Mac', as well as it saying Safari "4.0" and "Intel 64-bit".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 GHz MBP, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD
ok so if this is really 10.6 then what is so special about it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
i was going to say the same thing. he shows nothing that it can do just that he has it.. sounds a little flawed to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
I hate being skeptical but if apple gave him a beta copy or whatever wouldn't they have a contract saying he cant leak videos?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
NDA clause would have been in affect if an individual had access to a beta.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
TiBook - 800MHz/1gb/30gb/combo/500gb external
not everyone that owns a mac cares about the legality of illegal stuff, like downloads, sharing beta's, etc.

kinda like me with windows...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Wow, whoop-dee-doo.

Yes, Apple is working on Snow Leopard.
Yes, developers have early access to it.
Juicy stuff is usually not in those builds until it's been announced somewhere, so I really don't see what's so amazing about this video.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I hate being skeptical but if apple gave him a beta copy or whatever wouldn't they have a contract saying he cant leak videos?

Most probably, yes. But what I don't get how a 17 year old with no direct business with Apple would get a beta copy of 10.6 before anyone else, because there really are no other videos of 10.6 on the web.

Reaction score
Looks legit to me. That'd be a lot of stuff to fake. It does look the same as Leopard but it looks a bit smoother than my copy. We'll have to see when they show it or when you get Snow Leopard next year. Quad-Core awaits...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
i don't see the big deal on those videos either?

also Snow Leopard is very easy to get on the web if you really wanted it. i have seen it running on a friends mac and the only difference i noticed so far is that his ichat version was 5.0.

i could make a video of the copy i saw as well but it wouldnt show much either.

i don't see a reason to grab it from anywhere since it is still so beta from what i have read.

i will wait for it to be official myself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini and a MacBook (Both loaded)
There really isn't anything at all that shows SL "under the hood". To me it's 2 videos that show Leopard running...

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Meh somehow that was depressing.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
"UNDER THE HOOD". That is what they said Snow Leopard was going to be. Highly optimized, leaner, faster and not a lot of new features. If that is not important to you then stick with what you have.

Whether the video is legit of not I don't know nor care. But do not look for 300 new VISIBLE features. It's been said since the first announcement about 10.6 it would be a lot of change under the hood and that will be nice.

Vista REALLY needs optimizing in a VERY BAD way, but Leopard can benefit from some optimizing also.

Be patient, maybe they will throw in a few new features before 10.6 is released. Just wait and see.

Just for the record it is piracy and against the law to illegally get a copy 10.6 before it's released and against the rules here at Mac Forums to discuss that aspect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I agree with the above totally. And it is important to me. Games playing better or memory having less leaks and being used more efficiently or having more apps using both cores of my cpu at the same time does matter to me.

To me 10.5 was like 300 features, nice! But how many of those 300 do use on a daily basis? Maybe 20. But a faster more efficient computer, we'd all like that. That's why I'm more thrilled about 10.6 than 10.5.

People always winge (well some people) that they want the fastest mac possible, or at least their one running faster. And this is how it'll be done.

And for features. I know they will be few and far between here. But I an really looking forward to Quicktime X. And what it's all about. And there is no doubling of the various computer speeds or ram amounts like in the past. So this was an inevitability. I hope apple does more of these optimisation builds in the future. I just hope the 3rd party devs are smart enough to use all this in their apps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I realise 10.6 is pretty much all under the hood, but since seeing no other previews of 10.6 on YouTube, Metacafe or any other site, I didn't believe you could get a copy of it right now. Obviously I was wrong...

And in the description of the video is says it shows the new Safari working; Is it just me, or does it look and do the exact same as normal Safari??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
I realise 10.6 is pretty much all under the hood, but since seeing no other previews of 10.6 on YouTube, Metacafe or any other site, I didn't believe you could get a copy of it right now. Obviously I was wrong...

And in the description of the video is says it shows the new Safari working; Is it just me, or does it look and do the exact same as normal Safari??

Yea it looks pretty much the same to me. I dont think this is the kind of OS that any video is going to tell us much about.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini and a MacBook (Both loaded)
I was asking about benchmarks of some sort. There were no metrics on what was improved. I understand that 10.6 will mostly be behind-the-scenes recode, and wasn't expecting anything "special" from the videos.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.