iPhoto Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Have been looking around to find the answer but couldn't .....

I have imported pictures from my last trip to Malaysia and the pictures were taken by 5 different people with 5 different camera's .... so I ended up with 5 events in iPhoto.

After merging the events into one, they seem to appear in random order or somehow they seem to be organised by camera, not by date/time., or not by name.

Is there any way I can organise the pictures by date/time, no matter what camera they were taken with?

Any feedback is appreciated.
Cheers
McBie

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
On the menu, select View, then Sort By, then Date

OP
McBie
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Bob, ( apologies if that is not your real name );D

Thanks for the reply...... I did sort them by date before I posted .....

In the mean time, I looked at the " image date " and the " digitized date " of each picture and I came to the conclusion that the date/time on some of the camera's must have been wrong.
Which is understandable given that the people who took he pictures came from all over the world. ( different time zones )

Case closed :)

Thanks again for responding.

Cheers
McBie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.